The Director of Transportation is primarily responsible for building and maintaining a diverse portfolio of clients for Bonded Transportation, the transportation division of Bonded Logistics. This self-motivated, proven leader will bring a successful track record of cultivating and closing new business opportunities through prospecting, networking and referrals. At the same time, this individual must excel in providing existing clients with the highest level of service and support to retain and grow business. Through supervision of department staff, the Director of Transportation will also be responsible for all traffic functions relating to the movement of freight into and out of all Bonded warehouse locations. This Director of Transportation position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, providing strategic direction that contributes to the overall growth of the division and company.
- Oversight of all company managed transportation, including truckload, less than truckload (LTL), intermodal/rail, drayage, expedited, air/ocean, and small parcel.
- Identify, qualify and generate business by adding and retaining clients to achieve set revenue goals.
- Identify services and pricing that meet client’s needs to obtain business objectives.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients to satisfy their shipping needs.
- Negotiate rates with carriers to maintain the most advantageous position.
- Maintain and optimize transportation management software (TMS) system.
- Provide monthly internal financial reviews of client base and communicate information to executive team.
- Define, measure, and monitor internal and external KPIs.
- Provide executive team with quarterly/annual revenue and expense projections.
- Develop, execute and evaluate division operating strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Maximize work functions and improve processes.
- Ensure legal or regulatory compliance at all times.
- Mentor and train transportation department staff.
- Conduct annual performance reviews as well as provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
- Ensures all Bonded policies and procedures are adhered to and managed effectively.
- Monitor industry trends and market indicators to make informed decisions about the division’s future.
- Other responsibilities may be added or required to accomplish the essential job function.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4-6 years of 3PL/transportation brokerage experience preferred, or 8+ years 3PL transportation brokerage experience and/or training.
- Proficient Microsoft Office computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of TMS systems to manage Client and Carrier freight activities.
- Knowledge of CRM systems to manage existing and new business relationships.
EEO Policy Statement
Bonded Logistics, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bonded Logistics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
|Job Category||Full Time|