Responsible for the review, implementation and administration of the Environmental and Health & Safety program for the BLI Network. Experience leading EHS in a Distribution/Warehousing environment is required. Responsibilities include making sure the facilities are in compliance with all federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements and corporate standards. This position will also require extensive record keeping, monitoring, report preparation, inspection, procedure development, training and extensive communication at all levels of the organization and with regulatory agencies. The manager will also oversee accident investigations and display the ability to analyze processes and make recommendations that drive prevention/improvements that can be effectively implemented across the BLI Network.
- Ensures that all regulations and codes are maintained throughout the environment and at all levels of production, warehouse, and office level throughout the organization
- Understanding of safety laws, regulations, and language as it relates to state and federal
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Able to interpret and decipher environmental permit requirements.
- Maintain OSHA reporting & compliance with the following topics in mind;
- Perform routine job safety analyses, building safety inspections and reviews;
- Emergency Action Plans;
- Fire Prevention Program;
- Hazard Communication Program;
- Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) Program;
- Lock Out Tag Out Program:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Program;
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment meets safety regulations and that all equipment and tools are used correctly by employees
- Ensure all equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire alarm systems, hard hats, gloves, and ergonomic devices must be available and in good working condition.
- Responsible to conduct warehouse safety audits and implementing appropriate changes to correct or comply with regulations/standards
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and guidelines.
- Designs training for all levels of employees and ensures personnel training and corrective action follow- up are completed.
- Maintain training documentation.
- Knowledgeable of hazardous material storage, shipping and MSDS documentation requirements.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Lead the Safety Committee meeting on a monthly basis, ensuring corrective action follow-up are completed.
- Able to effectively communicate both safety and environmental training topics across the organization and gain buy in and support.
- Provide initial new-hire safety training and follow-up interaction for new employee
- Report safety and environmental issues to upper management
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years college with equivalent work experience.
- 3 years’ experience in warehousing, logistics, and transportation.
- Supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations, Hazardous Material Regulations
- Completion of OSHA Compliance training
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
EEO Policy Statement
Bonded Logistics, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bonded Logistics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.