Our President and Owner, Scott Carr, shared the following information with our employees in regards to the announcement from NC Governor Cooper on a transition to Phase 2 COVID-19 restrictions. You can read the full announcement from the Governor here.
The Governor of North Carolina has announced that the state of North Carolina can transition to Phase 2 of easing COVID-19 restrictions beginning today, May 22nd, at 5 PM. Phase 2 lifts the Stay At Home order moving into a Safer At Home recommendation, especially for people at high risk for serious illness.
Certain businesses will be open at limited capacity with other requirements and recommendations. Mass gathering limits in Phase 2 will be no more than 10 people indoors or 25 people outdoors in most circumstances. Childcare facilities, day camps and overnight camps will be open with enhanced cleaning and screening requirements. Teleworking is also urged when possible.
Some businesses will remain closed in Phase 2 including: bars; night clubs; gyms and indoor fitness facilities; indoor entertainment venues such as movie theaters, and bowling alleys.
As with Phase 1, I want everyone to know that entering Phase 2 will not affect our business or operations. We will continue to follow the same protocols that have been implemented to protect the health and safety of our employees. Specifically, this includes…
- Temperature screenings upon entrance into facilities
- Mandatory face masks and gloves on the warehouse floor
- Regularly washing/sanitizing hands
- Frequent cleaning of workstations and any shared equipment
- Maintain social distancing (six feet of distance)
- Filling out self-declaration forms
- Teleworking for non-essential employees
- Restricting travel-related activities between facilities
- Limiting the number of people visiting the facilities to essential